Energy Assistance

How to Complete an Energy Assistance Application

Liheap  energy assistance is open with priority given to seniors and disabled persons first. Alternative assistance may be available on a case-by-case basis for requests outside of the prioritized group at this time.  Please call 541-889-9555 for additional information.

Get Help Now

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is federally funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is not an entitlement program. LIHEAP is an assistance program designed to help low-income households with home heating costs.

Wait List Information

The Energy Assistance program offers services to the most vulnerable populations first. Outreach and intake is provided first to clients who are seniors and/or disabled individuals. These appointments will be available by calling CinA on or after December 1st. The second population to be served is families with children 6 or younger. The program is offered to the general public, if funding allows. To inquire about which population is being served for Energy Assistance call 541-889-9555. If you reach the answering machine, leave a message including your name, phone number, and a brief message. Messages will be returned in the order they are received.

Income Guidelines

Click here to see income guidelines

Eligibility Requirements/How to Apply

To be eligible, a household’s income must be at or below 60 percent of Oregon’s median income. These levels are based on household income and household size. To be eligible, a household must also have documented energy costs. Both homeowner and renter households are eligible.

Schedule an Appointment

To Schedule an appointment call 541-889-9555. If you reach the answering machine, please leave a message. Please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message. Messages will be returned in the order they are received.

Documents Required for an Intake Appointment

Documents Required for an Energy Assistance Appointment: For Energy Assistance
the following documentation is required to prevent a delay in processing an application:

  • Identification for all adults (18 years and older)
  • Social Security cards for all household members
  • Current proof of income for the most recent 30 days – social security recipients MUST bring your social security benefit letter. If you need a copy of this letter, you can visit the Social Security website to create an online account, visit the local social security office or you can call the Social Security Office at 1-800-772-1213. Social Security Administration encourages usage of the online access to accounts as some services provided at the field offices will not be continued.
  • The most recent energy bill in the applicant’s name
  • All applicants will be asked to provide their Idaho Power bill even if the benefit is not being applied to Idaho Power.

Declaration of Household Income (Zero Income Statement)

This form is required to be completed for all household members 18 years or older who have no income, or have irregular income.

Translate »